Burnt Toast Studio is a not-for-profit artist collective that provides affordable studio spaces, access to shared equipment, opportunities to exhibit, participate in collective shows and sell work. We strive to nurture, maintain and share printmaking techniques while fostering and developing original works.
Member of the studio enjoy
- 24 hour access
- a personal studio space
- use of shared printmaking equipment including relief/etching press, two screen tables, one t-shirt carousel, a t-shirt dryer, a washout room and exposure unit.
- use of large shared worktables
- access and use of woodshop
- use of gallery exhibition space
- use of studio computer
- the pleasure of kicking back in our lunchroom diner
- access to a small but ever-growing printmaking and arts library
- receiving a member newsletters
- participation in collective shows and sales
- being part of a rad artistic community
*We supply the facilities and members supply their consumables such as ink, paper, table glue, screens, printing tabs and screen cleaner (for t-shirt inks).
Learn to Print
We ask that if you have not screen-printed in the last 6 months that you complete one of our workshops before using the facilities. Never printed before $120, A Bit Rusty $80. If you are in good practice we will simply give you a Tour de’Toast to show you how our studio and equipment works and where everything is.
- All studio pricing is based on size and location in the studio ranging from ~8’x5’ spaces to ~9’X9’ spaces. Book a tour by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Studio space pricing: $180/month, $190/month, $230/month, $250/month.
- Couples shared rate - shared desk space and access for couples add $50/month
- Studio shelf membership - shelf storage only and access ~3’x1.5’ - $90/month (with two months up front)
Payment is due the first of every month and one month notice is required if you should you decide to leave the studio.
We are always planning community events that require your help. Volunteers can use the contact form below to apply!
If you have any other questions or would like to book a tour let us know.
Bay 5, 215 36 Ave. N.E
Studio Residency Application
In support of Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour, 2SLGBTQIAP+ community individuals, and persons who identify as having a disability, Burnt Toast Studio is offering four 3 month residencies. The residency includes a private studio, 24 hour building access, and access to shared facilities, equipment and a great community! Application for The residencies that run from Feb 2022-Jan 2023 are now closed. Thanks for your interest!